You’ve been wanting to start an online business, but you keep putting it off.
You want to build a new website, write a new book, create a new product, etc., but you can’t seem to do it. Or maybe you just want to exercise more or eat better, so you have the energy to run your business.
Whatever the change is that you want to make, you might be having a tough time making that change ‘stick.’
Or perhaps you want to help someone else to make a change.
Instead of telling them why they might want to change, you ask them why they might want to change, using these six steps:
- Why might you change?
- How ready are you to change – on a scale from 1 to 10, 1 means “not ready at all” and 10 means, “totally ready?”
- Why didn’t you pick a lower number?
- Imagine you’ve changed. What would the positive outcomes be?
- Why are those outcomes important to you?
- What’s the next step, if any?
In question 3, if they picked 1, you can either ask question 2 again, this time about a smaller step toward change, or ask, “What would it take for that 1 to turn into a 2?”
I invite you to try this one yourself first, before you try it on someone else.
See what happens. I know when I used it to make myself give up a certain food that I was practically addicted to, it worked like a charm.